Mr John Sidoti, Member for Drummoyne today welcomed the introduction of bus service improvements that give customers more services to and from the Sydney CBD, and better access to Macquarie Park from early next month.
“We’re introducing a number of service changes designed to simplify the local bus network by removing duplication of routes and re-deploying resources where and when they are needed,” said Mr Sidoti.
“These changes will result in more frequent services and travel options for customers, with over 130 additional weekly services along Victoria Road and better access for customers to the Macquarie Park area.”
- Additional services on route M52 between Parramatta and Circular Quay, either side of the morning peak and at the end of the afternoon peak, with services extended to midnight seven days a week.
- Additional services on route 504 between Chiswick, Abbotsford and the City with more services either side of the morning peak, as well as an additional afternoon peak service.
- More weekly services on route 506 from Macquarie University to the Domain via East Ryde, with an additional weekday service at the start of the morning peak, and a bus every 30 minutes during the evening, seven days a week.
- An additional service on route 501 from West Ryde to Central each morning peak, and additional services either side of the afternoon peak on route 507 from the City to Putney and Ryde.
- Additional weekly services on route 518 from Macquarie University to Circular Quay via Victoria Road, with more buses later in the evening, seven days a week.
To remove duplication on the network, late evening route 520 services will be replaced by extra services on routes 518 and M52. Route 520 will continue to provide overnight services, seven days a week.
Other route and some school services will also have adjusted times to better reflect travel conditions.
Changes to the network will be introduced on 6 May and customers are advised to plan their journey ahead by visiting www.transportnsw.info.