On behalf of the NSW Government, Member for Drummoyne John Sidoti MP has today, revealed the master plan and concept design for the $341 million Concord Hospital Redevelopment.
The concept design details the NSW Government’s election commitment to deliver a centre for aged care and rehabilitation and a comprehensive cancer care centre in a new clinical services building on the hospital campus.
“I am very proud to be delivering an important election commitment, that will ensure Concord Hospital can continue to deliver vital health services for the community,” Mr Sidoti said
The redevelopment will provide additional inpatient capacity and outpatient services for the growing local community including:
- New Aged Care, Complex Care and Rehabilitation Service including rehabilitation gyms, assessment and therapy areas
- New comprehensive Cancer Care Centre
- The nation’s first Defence Force Centre of Excellence to continue the hospital’s long and proud history of providing specialist services to veterans.
- New hospital logistics system
- Improved access with dedicated drop-off zone for patients attending the cancer centre, rehabilitation and ambulatory care services.
The master plan for the campus includes plans for a multi-storey car park.
The project team including Concord Hospital, Sydney Local Health District and Health Infrastructure has been consulting with the community, clinicians and staff about the design and features of the new services, ensuring it meets the needs of patients, families and community in continuing to provide world-class health care.