John Sidoti MP Member for Drummoyne
John was elected to Parliament in March 2011 and was returned for a third term in March 2019.
John has been appointed Minister for Sport, Multiculturalism, Seniors and Veterans. He has previously held the positions of Parliamentary Secretary for Roads, Transport, Industry, Resources and Energy reporting to three Ministers as well as Parliamentary Secretary for Planning in his first term.
Prior to Parliament, John was a Local Councillor and then Mayor of Burwood Local Council. He was involved in small business before his political career and was the Function Manager at Castel D’Oro a hospitality business he helped grow with his family for 16 years.
John was the President of the Five Dock Chamber of Commerce. He has had extensive involvement with community groups and sporting organisations. John is currently the patron of Handital, Communities for Communities and Lucas Gardens School. He is a member of Massey Park Golf Club, Barnwell Park Golf Club the Five Dock RSL, Club Canada Bay, the Burwood RSL and the Sydney Rowing Club.
- Minister for Sport, Multiculturalism, Seniors and Veterans 2019
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Cabinet 2017
- Parliamentary Secretary for Roads and Transport 2015 – 2017
- Parliamentary Secretary for Industry, Resources and Energy 2015 – 2017
- Parliamentary Secretary for Planning 2014 – 2015
- Chair, Standing Committee on Parliamentary Privilege and Ethics 2011 – 2015
- Deputy Chair, Social Policy Committee 2011 – 2015
- Member, Joint Standing Committee on Electoral Matters
Delivered for Drummoyne
- A new dialysis unit for Concord Hospital
- An extension to the Bay Run at Drummoyne
- Increased rail and ferry services
- Installation of more raised pedestrian crossings
- New schools
- Easy Access at Concord West train station
- Upgrade to Drummoyne ferry wharf
John is married to Sandra and has three children. John’s interests include golf, touch football, tennis, and landscaping. John is an avid follower of the Sydney Roosters rugby league team and Sydney FC.